1. How did you first get involved with Rock Solid Health?
I was searching for a gym where I could focus on strength and mobility more consistently. As a runner, I used to only focus on strength training in the winter. I was tired of fitness clubs and looking to try something new, like kettlebells. A friend in my running community was a member at Rock Solid and recommended I try it.
2. Ultimately, why did you choose RSH over other options?
I liked that the class sizes were small and within the first couple of sessions I was impressed with the individualized attention I was getting from the trainers.
3. What goals did you have when you started?
I wanted to work on strength and stability in order to improve my running. I also wanted to learn more about proper technique with kettlebells and strength training in general.
4. How long have you been training and what specifically have you achieved over that interval?
I’ve been a member for 2 years now and have primarily attended the kettlebell classes, along with personal training, yoga, and wellness challenges. I’m stronger than I’ve ever been, feeling confident going from kettlebell complexes to heavy deadlifts to pull ups. I’ve learned so much about my body–what it needs to feel recovered, flexible, nourished, and strong. I also hit an ambitious marathon goal.
5. What current goals are you pursuing?